Terms & Conditions / Rules & Regulations
Terms & Conditions
- Membership at Varin-Silver Spring, LLC dba Silver Spring Golf Club (the “Club”) is a revocable license. The Club offers memberships for the purpose of permitting members to enjoy the use of the Club facilities and the special privileges of membership. The aim of the Club is to operate as a semi-private golf course, restaurant and event venue. The members shall have use of the facilities of the Club subject to certain terms and conditions and the Rules and Regulations of the Club dated February 24, 2006, and the member’s membership application as each may hereafter be amended from time to time.
- The Club is not an equity club and no member shall, by virtue of Club membership, be an owner or partner of the Club or Owner or have any ownership or equity right or interest in the Club or any of the assets of the Club or Owner. Members will not be assessed for capital improvements, financial shortfalls or any other reason. A Membership grants only permission by Owner to a member to use and enjoy the Club facilities, and a prospective member should not view a membership as an investment or otherwise expect to derive economic benefits from such membership.
- Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of reason.
- Members agree to adhere to the Club’s Rules and Regulations and these Terms and Conditions (the “Membership Documents”), which are subject to change from time to time at Club’s sole discretion. If Club changes these Membership Documents an announcement will be made to members via email or regular mail to the address on file.
- Club shall have power to reprimand, suspend, expel, terminate the membership of or otherwise discipline any member for committing any violation of the Membership Documents; or for conduct unbecoming a member; or for any offense against the best interests of the Club or Club property or any other person; or for other good and sufficient cause determined by Club. Club shall also have the power to reprimand, suspend, expel, terminate the membership of or otherwise discipline any member for nonpayment of fees and/or accounts.
- THE MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS SET FORTH ARE ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND TERMS CONCERNING MEMBERSHIPS IN THE CLUB. NO PERSON IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO THE CLUB CONTRARY TO OR IN ADDITION TO THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS AND, IF PROVIDED, THE REPRESENTATION OR INFORMATION MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON AS HAVING BEEN AUTHORIZED BY THE CLUB. THE CLUB WILL NOT BE BOUND BY ANY TERMS OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE TERMS OR CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THE MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS.NO FEDERAL, STATE OR GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY HAS PASSED UPON OR ENDORSED THE MERITS OF THESE MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS.
- The Club reserves the right to accept or not accept any membership application for any reason or no reason. The Club does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or national origin.
- Membership fees must be paid regardless of use or availability of the facilities.
- The Club reserves the right to modify the facilities.
- Members playing outside their designated privileges will be billed accordingly.
- The Club’s no-show policy is intended to allow us to keep golf rates reasonably priced. No shows or late cancellations (less than one hour notice) are subject to the following consequences to members: (a) First offense – warning, (b) Subsequent Offenses – $10 per person affected. Member is responsible for all members if the group as if they were guests it he event of a no show or late cancellation. More than 5 instances may result in suspension or termination of membership without refund of any kind.
- Each member shall be responsible for the charges and actions of the member’s spouse, children, designees (where applicable) and guests and for their adherence to the Membership Documents.
- Due to the number of guests and other persons granted access to the facilities, Club cannot guarantee the security of personal property. Therefore, each member and each person using the Facilities, equipment and amenities of the Club is required to take precautions against theft and not to encourage theft by failing to properly secure all articles of personal property. Each Member and each person using the facilities, equipment and amenities agrees that Club is not responsible or liable for articles damaged, lost or stolen in or about the Club, or left in lockers, or for loss or damage to any property, including, but not limited to, automobiles and the contents thereof. Any storage facilities or lockers provided at the Club are offered as a convenience to Members and others and Club does not represent or warrant that the lockers or storage facilities are safe and secure, nor does it guarantee that any items placed therein are or will be secure and accepts no liability for anything removed from such lockers.
- A Member shall be liable to pay any losses, damages, costs or expenses (including legal fees) incurred by Club in relation to (a) its efforts to collect any fees, dues, charges, late charges, or interest, or in enforcing or defending its rights under this Plan or otherwise; (b) any breach of this Plan by the Member; or (c) any damage caused by the Member to any property of Owner or any other person. Owner, or its agents or assigns, shall have the right to institute such legal remedies against any Member for collection of any fees, dues, charges, late charges, interest, legal fees or costs as it deems appropriate. The remedies provided herein are not exclusive and Owner shall have such other remedies as may be provided to it by law. Owner may exercise its rights in such order as it deems appropriate and the exercise of one right or remedy shall not constitute the waiver of any other.
- In the event of termination of membership, an authorized representative of Club shall notify the member. Notice by any means directed to the member’s last known address shall be sufficient. Such notice of termination may be included with the statement of account mailed to the member or sent under separate cover.
- Except where otherwise clearly specified herein, whenever any notice, statement, billing or other communication is required or permitted to be given to a member, it shall be given in writing and shall be sent by email or mail, postage prepaid, and addressed to such Member’s last known address on file in the office of the Club.
- Club shall have the right to modify or amend the Membership Documents at any time and from time to time. Modifications to the Membership Documents shall become effective immediately upon the posting of a copy thereof, in a conspicuous place at the Club, on the Club’s website or upon the mailing or electronic delivery of the amendments to the Members.
- By applying for membership each member agrees to be bound by the terms of the Membership Documents.
- Each member agrees that the Membership Documents and the member’s membership application record the whole of the agreement between the member and Club relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, the Rules and Regulations, the membership application and the facilities, including the member’s right to use the facilities.
- The relationship between the Club and a member is one of contract, regulating, primarily, a member’s personal use of the Club and the facilities from time to time only, is personal between the parties and does not constitute any other relationship, connection or arrangement of any other nature whatsoever between Club , the member and any other person.
Rules & Regulations
- It is recommended that all players make tee times in advance of play. If tee times are not reserved, the availability of play cannot be guaranteed.
- Silver Spring Member booking policies
- Gold Member – 14 day advance booking on Island & Falls. 5 day advance booking at Willow Run.
- Falls Member – 14 day advance booking on Falls. 5 day advance booking on Island and Willow Run.
- Sterling Member – 10 day advance booking on Island & Falls. 5 day advance booking at Willow Run.
- General Public Play booking policies
- The general public may book seven (7) days in advance for 18-hole starting times on the Island and Falls.
- The general public may book two (2) days in advance for 9-hole starting times on the Island and five (5) days in advance on the Falls.
- Exceptions: On weekday league days (Monday-Wednesday), general public play may book 9-hole start times seven (7) days in advance from 1:36pm – 3:44pm and after 5:36pm on Island and Falls. Also, seven (7) day advance 9-hole bookings can be made for Saturday and Sunday after 4:00pm on Island and Falls.
- Groups requesting more than one starting time may do so by holding the times with a credit card. Groups of 2 or more not canceling their times or reducing the number of players within 24 hours of reservation may be accountable for a $10 per person cancellation fee.
- Requests for three or more starting times must be approved by the Head Golf Professional.
- Cancellations For General Public – Groups requesting more than one starting time may do so by holding a credit card. Groups not canceling their times or reducing the number of players within 24 hours of their reservation may be accountable for a $10 per person cancellation fee.
- Cancellations For Membership Play – Any reduction of players or canceled tee times for Membership play must be received at least 1 hour prior to scheduled play.
- All players may cancel a reservation without penalty within the cancellation window due to inclement weather.
- Groups of 20 or more players will be contracted. Please contact the Golf Professional with as much advance notice possible to reserve a block of tee times.
- All Leagues must have a minimum of 16 players.
- All players at Silver Spring Golf Club, including Members, must register in the golf shop prior to play.
- All general public play at Silver Spring Golf Course will start on the 1st Hole unless authorized by the Professional Staff. Starting holes for shotguns, modified shotguns and League play will be at the discretion of the Professional Staff.
- Fivesomes are not permitted on the golf course unless authorized by the Golf Professional Staff.
- All players must have their own set of golf clubs and bag. Rental equipment is available in the Golf Shop.
- Pace of Play – All players must adhere to our pace of play standards. Our staff reserves the right to monitor the golf course and inform players of their time and positioning on the golf course.
- In cases when there is inclement weather, pro-rated dollar amount rain checks will be issued based on the number of holes completed. Rain checks are valid for ninety (90) days from the date of issue.
- There shall be no outside beverages allowed on the course at any time. Anyone violating this rule will receive a warning and the second violation may result in suspended golf privileges.
- Proper golf attire is required at all times. Collared shirts are required and denim may be worn in spring and fall seasons only. Traditional golf shorts are required….basketball and gym shorts are not permitted.
- Metal golf spikes are not permitted.
- The use of Range Balls on the golf course is not permitted. Anyone violating this rule may result in suspended golf privileges.
- Cart rules and usage on daily basis are at the sole discretion of the Golf Course Superintendent and Head Golf Professional. This includes: mandatory cart path only on some days, walking only days, and compliance with all roped off areas and cart signage.
- Players must have a valid driver’s license to rent and operate a golf cart. The Golf Professional Staff reserves the right to ask for a driver’s license at the time of rental and have it retained until the cart is returned in satisfactory condition. Any cart damage repair shall be the sole responsibility of the renter.
- All golf carts and pull carts are not permitted on tee box areas and must remain at least thirty (30) feet away from the green.
- A maximum of two (2) people are permitted to ride in a golf cart.
- A maximum of two (2) carts are permitted for each tee time.
- All players must be 12 years of age to play alone. Players from 5 to 11 years of age shall be accompanied by an adult. All children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult and have approval from the Golf Professional Staff prior to play.
Golf: (262) 252-4666
Banquet: (262) 252-4994
N56 W21318 Silver Spring Dr.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051